A limited version available to demo the technologies being implemented in the new version of Terragen. Currently limited to lower resolution, quality settings, and limitations on rendered populations(a new feature, which lets you place meshes on a terrain, including large collections of meshes). It is currently unknown how these features will change between the final free version and the current preview. This information also covers the 'Deep' edition of Terragen 2.
The program displays correctly after patching Wine with the patch in Bug 2398, almost all areas of the program work and display and the program is now usable. No more garbage covering the window.
What does not
The node editor, icons on buttons don't display. Can't delete objects once they have been added but can disable once they have been added which is an effective workaround..
What was not tested
Everything in the program was tested.
Must apply patch from Bug 2398 to source then install wine otherwise application is being hidden by the parent window.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 28 2009||1.1.20||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Dick Jones|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 07 2008||1.1.10||Yes||Yes||Gold||AndrÃ© H.|
|Current||openSUSE 10.2||Apr 23 2007||0.9.34.||N/A||Yes||Gold||Dick Jones|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 05 2007||0.9.32.||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
The fastest way to get Terragen running in Linux is to follow the steps here:
NOTE: As of wine 1.0.1, this patch is no longer needed. This patch resolves the issue (illustrated in the screenshots from the TP versions of Terragen) of buttons and viewports getting drawn over by child objects. This is no longer an issue. These notes are still here in case, due to regression or a new bug, the issue resurfaces.
1. In a terminal uninstall wine or use your package manager if you installed a binary of Wine.
2. Download and extract a source tarball of Wine.
3. Apply the patch to the source code. You can get the patch from Bug 2398 in the Bugzilla. I used the patch listed on comment 137. If you are unsure how to patch the source code, obtain the patch from Bug 2398 and copy it to the directory the wine source is located. use the patch command to patch the source code. For me, once the patch had been copied to the source directory, the command was 'patch -p0 <
4. Compile, build and install Wine.
5. Change to the directory that Terragen is located and run it. It should draw properly.
There are no registry entries needed for this app to work.