A limited version available to demo the technologies being implemented in the new version of Terragen. Currently limited to lower resolution, quality settings, and limitations on rendered populations(a new feature, which lets you place meshes on a terrain, including large collections of meshes). It is currently unknown how these features will change between the final free version and the current preview. This information also covers the 'Deep' edition of Terragen 2.
Everything so far.
Rendering works as far as I was able to test, as well as creating new elements for the renderer to process.Popup dialogs appear and render properly, including node editors.
i didnt need to patch wine for that.
What does not
One time it crashed at ca. 95% of a rendering. I guess i shouldnt switch to other Apps while rendering.
Some button graphics are not shown.
What was not tested
Special Fucntions like Plug-Ins
Tech Preview Build 126.96.36.199
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 28 2009||1.1.20||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Dick Jones|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 07 2008||1.1.10||Yes||Yes||Gold||AndrÃ© H.|
|Show||openSUSE 10.2||Apr 23 2007||0.9.34.||N/A||Yes||Gold||Dick Jones|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 05 2007||0.9.32.||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
The fastest way to get Terragen running in Linux is to follow the steps here:
NOTE: As of wine 1.0.1, this patch is no longer needed. This patch resolves the issue (illustrated in the screenshots from the TP versions of Terragen) of buttons and viewports getting drawn over by child objects. This is no longer an issue. These notes are still here in case, due to regression or a new bug, the issue resurfaces.
1. In a terminal uninstall wine or use your package manager if you installed a binary of Wine.
2. Download and extract a source tarball of Wine.
3. Apply the patch to the source code. You can get the patch from Bug 2398 in the Bugzilla. I used the patch listed on comment 137. If you are unsure how to patch the source code, obtain the patch from Bug 2398 and copy it to the directory the wine source is located. use the patch command to patch the source code. For me, once the patch had been copied to the source directory, the command was 'patch -p0 <
4. Compile, build and install Wine.
5. Change to the directory that Terragen is located and run it. It should draw properly.
There are no registry entries needed for this app to work.