If doesn't work - run wine with:
What does not
Everything works :)
What was not tested
Intel Core2Duo E4300 @ 1,8 GHz 3 GB RAM NVidia GeForce 8500 GT 256 MB Wine 1.5.5. Debian 7.0 Wheezy
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux 7.x "Wheezy"||Jun 07 2012||1.5.5||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||May 07 2012||1.4||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alexey Slepov|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 14 2010||1.3.4||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Arch Linux||Oct 31 2009||1.1.32||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
There is an official patch v1.02 for the game, which fixes following issues:
- Fixed a memory leak that would lead to degradation of the game performance over time.
- Added an option to start the game in "safemode". Safemode starts the game in 640x480 at 60Hz. This is useful if you experience video problems associated with Stubbs defaulting to an unusable refresh rate on your monitor. If this happens, start the game in safemode (using the Start Menu), go to the Settings -> Video Setup screen, and select the Resolution and Refresh Rate you want to use. The next time you start the game normally, your new choices will be used.
- Saved game files are now saved in the userâ€™s â€œMy Documentsâ€ folder, allowing the game to function properly for a Limited Access user account. However, if the game has been run prior to this patch, the saved games will still be saved in the Stubbs program folder.
- Fixed audio and video stutter in the intro and final credit videos.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when changing the EAX Advanced HD option from YES to NO.
- Screen saver should no longer interrupt the game when playing with a gamepad.
However, applying the patch is not necessary, as the game is completely playable without it. (I have successfully completed the game without patch).
1. You need fixed exe (no-DVD) to play the game (because of StarForce/SecuROM).
2. Some people say that there should be OpenAL32.dll in game folder. For me it is not true, I don't know for others.