* Patch to 1.60
* Single player mostly
* New: Mouse in menu with Vitaliy Margolens workaround in recent GIT
* New: White snow textures are now drawn correctly in the map Peaks at least
* New: When completing a mission the game is not crashing and the mission planning menu is working
What does not
* Intro movies still aren't skippable
* First time entering mission planning menu it's still garbage, to really plan a mission I blindly start the mission and go back to planning as it works that way
* Mouse in the menu is not working without the workaround
* Some glitches in graphics, might be my drivers
What was not tested
* LAN/Internet game, it probably works as it has 'till now
* Completing more than first mission
As I said before, it's getting better every release. I was using wine-1.1.2-628-g5d900bb to be exact. FYI: I have the UK version
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 9.x "Stretch" x86_64||Mar 25 2018||3.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Thorne|
|Show||Source Mage GNU/Linux||Dec 18 2011||1.3.35||Yes||Yes||Gold||Vlad Glagolev|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||May 25 2011||1.3.19||Yes||Yes||Gold||Lukas Matousek|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 18 2011||1.3.14||N/A||Yes||Bronze||JT|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 05 2010||1.3.8||Yes||Yes||Gold||Mark I.|
In recent enough Wine (>=1.1.3) Vitaliy Margolen has imported the mouse warp workaround. To use it add this registry key:
MouseWarpOverride = force
Note: if your mouse sensitivity is high enough the cursor might jump out of the game window if you move your mouse fast, you could prevent this by using slower speed in X and higher sensitivity in game but you'll lose some accuracy
Intro movies cannot be skipped. Only way to do it is to remove the intro movies permanently or to replace them with empty files (might produce better results). The correspondig files are Videos/Logos.bik and Videos/int/RS_Intro.bik. If you happen to have crashing problems with the intro videos, this also gets you into the menu.
Multiplayer works flawlessly.
Everything above was tested with Wine 1.1.3.
Punkbuster might or might not work. You will be kicked out of Punkbuster enabled servers without patching and can be marked as a cheater, so be careful!
See bug 9685 for more details and patches.
If the framerate is not smooth, try both of these:
wine reg add 'HKCU\Software\Wine\Direct3D' /v UseGLSL /d disabled