- downloads contact list
- shows online/offline and status ; other people can see your status too
- opens chat windows
- sends and receive message - chat working fine
- download plugins on the fly (special emoticons, media plugins like webcam support,...)
- systray opens ; show events such as contact connecting (but not incoming message, as far as I tested)
- sounds event working (incoming message, connecting contacts)
- add/authorize contacts
What does not
- Problem during install : at the end of the file copy, an error occurs. If you clic the dialog box, the install is cancelled and all the files are deleted.
Bypassing method : when the error occur ; copy all the NATEON folder into another folder. Then click the dialog box and the files in the NATEON folder are all deleted. Just delete this folder an rename (or not, i don't really if it's that important) the new folder.
- In the previous test, I said each time i lauched the program, it forced the upgrade, but it looks like it doesn't do it now. the program launch just normal
- If your locales are not korean, the program will launch without hangul support. So you wouldn't be able to read anything. To the command line, add "LC_ALL=ko_KR" so that nateon launch with hangul support
- When I first click on a contact in the list, all the contact below turn blue. It doesn't harm in any way the good behavior of the program but it's just unconvenient and you have to click on each contact to make this surligning disappear (though there is always the last one which stay blue)
- On Windows, some special emoticons opens in huge scale above all windows with some according sound. This doesn't work on wine
What was not tested
- Media stuff such as webcam or audio conf
- sending private message (쪽지), SMS
- blocking, deleting contacts
- and so on....
I say it installs because we can bypass the install error, but that's not completely a working situation. By the way, the program works very good in normal use. I posted yesterday an other test ; this is the same version of wine and nateon but as I tested more options, I had to make a new test. By the way, it there is a mean to edit my own test, I'd be glad to now how.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Gentoo Linux||Apr 26 2007||0.9.35.||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Gentoo Linux||Apr 24 2007||0.9.35.||No||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 06 2007||0.9.33.||No||Yes||Bronze||Dave|