Spiceworks is free network management software designed for medium sized networks. It combines inventory, monitoring, help desk
and community Q&A into one easy-to-use application. It enables you
to quickly and conveniently inventory the hardware, software, and
patches that reside on your network; monitor your network for new
software, license compliance violations, low disk space, offline
servers, low printer supplies; report easily on the information you
need to manage your network; track network issues and your projects
with trouble tickets; ask questions to the Spiceworks community of IT
professionals worldwide. Spiceworks requires no agents to be installed
Version 1.5 updates:
- Wake on LAN is now turned off by default and now configurable via the Settings -> Network tab
- Exporting reports to CSV or Excel are now formatted correctly
- You can now browse right to an asset without having to wait for the asset group to load
- Addition of Last Login information for a device, now available on the Configuration Tab for a device and flyover quick view. You can now pivot on this value as well.
- Create Ticket link is now back on the Help Desk Page
- We've removed the Spiceworks logo in the End User Help Portal after users reported confusion for their end users. It now just has your company name.
- Fixed invalid serial numbers being passed up from the BIOS of certain devices
- Fix for duplicate serial numbers
Basic Installation works smoothly
What does not
Just like the other tests that were executed, after installation, the application won't run.
I receive the following error message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
An application has made an attempt to load ATL80.DLL incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information
What was not tested
Anything after installation
I have tried this on both a laptop running the FC6 i686 kernel and on an IBM server running the FC6 i686 PAE kernel.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Fedora Core 6||Jun 12 2007||0.9.36.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 16 2007||0.9.35.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 2.2 "Bianca"||Apr 16 2007||0.9.35.||Yes||No||Garbage||HyTeK|
|Show||Linux Mint 2.2 "Bianca"||Apr 15 2007||0.9.34.||Yes||No||Garbage||HyTeK|