wine will install the app if you simple run "wine supermegaspoof.exe"
What does not
You can not run the app at all. wine megaspoof.exe complains about not finding Internet Explorer when you use no native libraries.
If you put msxml3, ole32, oleaut32 and rpcrt4.dll as native libraries it crashes spectacularly when you try to start it. msxml3 on its own also does not work.
What was not tested
There are probably other combinations of native libraries I have not tried.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Gentoo Linux x86_64||May 07 2007||0.9.36.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
This howto is for lesshaste ;) , i got up to the login window. After that there seem to be trouble as well, didn't try native dlls yet to get around _those_ bugs.
1. Do : mkdir ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Internet\ Explorer
2. cp /usr/local/lib/wine/iexplore.exe.so ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Internet\ Explorer/iexplore.exe
3. Get the winetricks script from Dan Kegel and do:
sh winetricks.sh wsh56vb
4. copy the following dlls from a windows partition to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/:
msxml2.dll, msxml2r.dll, msxml3.dll, msxml3r.dll. Then do regsvr32 msxml2.dll, and regsvr32 msxml3.dll
5. also copy msado15.dll and msdart.dll to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/ and do regsvr32 msado15.dll
6. Run the application in a virtual desktop as it starts minimized, and you have to click on the (distorted) icon (a black thingy) After all this stuff, you'll finally have a login window........
Run it by "WINEDLLOVERRIDES="msxml3=n" wine MegaSpoof.exe"