* Installation, though desktop shortcut icon wasn't placed until I manually ran "wineboot" without quotes from ALT+F2 following the installation
* Starting application, splash screens, main menu, animations in background at right
* Game play (was very slow for me even on low settings but it may be due to my system)
* Sound (skipped a lot but may be due to my system)
* Uninstall via wine uninstaller, manually removed desktop shortcut icon and remaining directory ~/RCT3Demo\ 1.1/ (this directory was not in .wine)
What does not
- I didn't hear any music at all, but I don't know if the demo has music, even after selecting a music title within various ride options no music played
What was not tested
+ Gameplay over 15 minutes
~ Using NVIDIA Driver Version: 1.0-9631
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Fedora 12||Mar 04 2010||1.1.39||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Pavel OndraÄka|
|Current||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 07 2007||0.9.36.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Gerry Cherry|
Posted by Sander on Friday March 2nd 2012, 18:20
MP3 background music works fine.
Convert all music in /Atari/RollerCoaster Tycoon 3/Music/ to mp3 using ffmpeg. Then replace .wma with .mp3 in MusicGenre.txt
I will post a more in depth how to tomorrow when i have time.
however i did do a quick test with summerair.wma which is the default music and it seemed to work.
Please note that improving Mac Compatibility for RCT3 is taking a back burner as this game has now been released as a native Mac application as seen here: