|Latest Wine Version Tested:||0.9.25.|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
* Installation (extracts into C:\Kingpin Demo where you run it manually via "~/.wine/drive_c/Kingpin Demo$ wine kingpin.exe" without quotes from the command line); no shortcut desktop icon was placed and no option for placement of an icon on the desktop was given during installation
* Starting the game manually via "~/.wine/drive_c/Kingpin Demo$ wine kingpin.exe" without quotes at the command line
* Initial in-game menu; selecting/modifying options
* Playing the game; plays well until 15 or so minutes into it, then it froze on me (see what doesn't work below)
* Manually removing the game from C:\Kingpin Demo
What does not
~ Game froze on me and I had to ctrl+alt+f1 and login to "killall kingpin.exe" without quotes to regain control of my KDE desktop which I returned to at ctrl+alt+f7 following this killall command and noticed my desktop was now at a resolution of 640x480 rather than the 1024x768 which it normally is.
What was not tested
- Multiplayer; option is available but I decided not to test
- Attempting to play the game again for a longer period of time to see if it would freeze again
tested with NVIDIA driver version: 1.0-8776
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 24 2006||0.9.25.||N/A||Yes||Bronze||Gerry Cherry|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
In my case must be added at the beginning of the run line this variable:
In my launcher to playonlinux Steam, edit whit this changes and run perfectly:
Add this: export __GL_ExtensionStringVersion=17700
[ "$PLAYONLINUX" = "" ] && exit 0
cd "/home/david/.PlayOnLinux//wineprefix/Steam/drive_c/./Program Files/Steam"
POL_Wine Steam.exe "$@"
Thanks mate under BÃ©la GyebrÃ³szki.
"BÃ©la GyebrÃ³szki 08/05/2014 9:54:12 CDT
There's a demo version with which i can play the problem:
The game is based on the Quake 2 engine, the game starting with 'wine kingpin.exe __GL_ExtensionStringVersion = 17700' makes it possible to start the demo.
Possibly another dupe of bug # 25362.
Tested with Nvidia binary 337.19 drivers "