StealthNet 0.8 has a lot of new and funky features in comparison with RShare Chameleon 0.7.1.5:
- Download Resuming (allows resuming of interrupted downloads)
- Optimized bandwidth allocation when upload/download limit is activated
- Shared files and directories are now added or removed in real time
- Redundant downloads from multiple sources have been removed
- Multilanguage support (9 languages supported)
- Search filter for file types
- Pre-defined search for file extensions The most important feature in particular is download resuming. From now on interrupted downloads can be resumed once a file source is available in the RShare network.
Tested on Linux Mint 18.1 (based on Ubuntu 16.04)
What does not
Automatic connection to webcaches, because the Stealthnet website is currently failing. The only way is to add manually peer addresses.
What was not tested
For example if you unzip the file "stealthnet_0.8.7.9_win32.zip" into the directory : "~/Documents/apps/stealthnet_win/" Here are the commands to enter in a Terminal to install it : export WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-stealthnet_win32 winetricks dotnet20 cd ~/Documents/apps/stealthnet_win/ wine StealthNet.exe Here are the commands to enter in a Terminal every time that you will want to run it : export WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-stealthnet_win32 && cd ~/Documents/apps/stealthnet_win/ && wine StealthNet.exe
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Linux Mint 18.1 "Serena" x86_64||Apr 14 2017||1.8.7||No, but has workaround||Yes||Gold||Qowup|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 18 2007||0.9.39.||Yes||No||Garbage||Axio|