Played complete game.
Applied the following settings:
1. I did run a game once and then fixed the mouse bug adding the line 'seta in_mouse "-1"' at the end of the file "mohaa/main/configs/unnamedsoldier.cfg"
2. Created a new registry key in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\OpenGL] - "DisabledExtensions" with values from: bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=8249
When you want to play another game, you need to clean up that registry key with:
3. Set up ALSA as a sound system in winecfg
What does not
What was not tested
Multiplayer (network) game
Gave it gold because of some manual settings from the previous experience. -- -- Dell Vostro 1400, 14.1" Laptop Hardware -- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz Memory: 4GB Graphic Card: NVidia GeForce 8400M GS, 256 MB Screen Resolution: 1440x900 HDD: 250 GB OS: Fedora release 11 (Leonidas) Kernel: 188.8.131.52-90.fc11.x86_64
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 08 2013||1.5.29||Yes||Yes||Gold||ML|
|Show||Fedora 16 x86_64||Apr 14 2012||1.5.0||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 25 2012||1.4||No||Not installable||Garbage||JoÃ£oHenriquePTBR|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 20 2010||1.1.42||No||Not installable||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Current||Fedora 11 x86_64||Nov 04 2009||1.1.30||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
When in game, if you are experiencing problems with the mouse, e.g. you can't turn more than 180 degrees, then open the console by pressing the ~ or ` button (which must be enabled via the advanced settings page), and typing in "seta in_mouse -1" without the quotes .
Alternatively you could make a file, mousefix.cfg and type the following in it:
seta in_mouse -1
and copy it to: C:\Program Files\EA Games\MOHAA\Main (that's the default folder, change if needed)
and when you're in the game open the console and type in: exec mousefix.cfg, and from then on it should be fixed from game startup without having to type it in each time. (Note: this hasn't been tested yet, please email me if you get problems)
Medal of honor crashes upon startup on Intel Graphics when running under Wine 1.3.
Due to Graphics Subsystem Drivers and the way it handles long extensions for OpenGL. The application fails to start.
- Open Terminal
- Enter MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR=2003 wine moh_Breakthrough.exe to run the application
- My testing shows that Medal of Honor is still incompatible with Wine 1.4 as well as Wine 1.5. You will need Wine 1.3 along with the MESA_EXTENSION parameter as I described above to run the application. Tested Multiplayer as well under Wine 1.3 - Working no problems.