Command & Conquer: Renegade
is Âa fast-paced 3-D action game set in the gripping Command & Conquer universe. For the first time, experience the Command and Conquer universe up close and personal as you fight it out on the ground among the structures, vehicles and weapons made famous in the original C&C. You assume the role of Havoc, elite GDI commando who fights and explores from a first or third-person viewpoint. Battling through exotic indoor and outdoor environments, you're free to use both brute force and stealth in your mission objectives against the evil Brotherhood of Nod.
The moment you begin installing renegade you get the message "An older version of COMCTL32.DLL exists on your system." Just hit cancel and the installation will continue. I had to use a nocd patch to get the game running. The menus worked great and the game loaded up fine. It was a little twitchy at first but when I turned down the graphics a little it was just fine. Sound works fine as well.
What does not
Online play. (Because the updater didn't work)
Lan play. (Says I have no lan IP?)
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 24 2017||2.21||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||ZleNaes|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 20 2017||2.12-staging||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Rabittsu Tom|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 15 2016||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 13 "Maya" x86_64||Aug 06 2012||1.5.10||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 05 2010||1.3.1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
1. Make sure to disable the virtual desktop feature before beginning, as it will cause the installer to crash.
2. Install the game to any directory you like.
3. Users installing from C&C The First Decade do not need a crack. Users installing from the original CD release need to download a working No-CD crack.
4. Run winecfg and set the Windows version to 2000 if it is not on 2000 by default.
5. Set the following options in Sound Configuration:
- Thick Emulation box aswell
6. Start the game, the game should run fine now with minor graphical/gameplay glitches, and sound is rather choppy but works.
Renegade always wants to do triple buffering and ATI's fglrx does not support triple buffering which results in very slow framerates (2-3fps). Add this entry to the registry to make the game render at playable framerates:
RenderTargetLockMode = disabled