Presentation of digitized (bitmap) topographical maps.
All official digitized maps for Germany are available only through Geogrid-Viewer because of proprietary, undocumented (and patented) data format. (see. http://swpat.ffii.org/brevets/effets/geogrid/index.en.html) Geogrid-Viewer is used for products like TOP25 and TOP50 of the german LandesvermessungsÃ¤mter.
Â- viewing topgraphical maps
- measureing distances, planes and elevations
- navigating within the maps
- navigating to a given geographical coordinate i.e. N 49Â°, 24' 08'', E 8Â° 43' 54''
- viewing multiple maps,
- couple different maps, if navigating in one map the other is refreshed automatically
- createing, saving and loading overlays
- setting different units for distances, planes and elevations
- setting different coordinate systems and grids like UTM, GauÃŸ-KrÃ¼ger, PO Military, BNG and many others
- viewing 3D images with red/green glasses
- windows settings like rulers, toolbars...
- showing map scale
- activation of map shading
- drawing on maps and saveing as overlay
- brÂideing and shadeing maps
- zooming in and out
- searching for locations (alter manually installing ODBC drivers)
- reading track data from GPS log file, tracking GPS data on map
- printing of maps
- displaying municipal borders
What does not
Â- the statical perspective view showed redraw issues
- dynamical perspectiv vieÂw don't work at all
What was not tested
Reading data from a GPS device due to lack of device
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 08 2010||1.1.38||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Klaus Layer|
|Current||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 08 2007||0.9.44.||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Klaus Layer|
Download upgrade package from
http://www.eads.com/1024/de/businet/defence/dcs/solutions/aufklaerungssysteme/multimission Copy/geography Copy/download Copy.html?display_media=/xml/content/OF00000000400003/3/41/41242413.exe
and save it i.e. to $WINEPREFIX/drive_c. Start upgrade with wine "C:\41242413.exe". The upgrade did'nt work for me if the executable was not started from within the wine drive_c. The installation requires a original CD in the drive and searches for the installed 2.0 binaries. If it finds a 2.0 version it replaces it with the new version.ÂÂ