What does not
What was not tested
Going past level 1 and exploring for more than 5 minutes.
rm -fr ~/.wine export WINEARCH=win32 #required to get ie8 installed on 64-bit machine. ./winetricks vcrun2008 ie8 #Download client from website and run.
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Mar 24 2017||2.4||Yes||Yes||Gold||Cory|
|Show||Linux Mint 18 "Sarah"||Oct 20 2016||1.9.21||Yes||No||Garbage||Ricardo Gonazales|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Sep 10 2016||1.9.18||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Inukaze|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Jan 31 2016||1.8||N/A||Yes||Gold||Inukaze|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan"||Nov 30 2015||1.7.55||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|6667||wine_gecko fails to load the html element of Ragnarok Online Update client.||NEEDINFO||View|
|33981||Ragnarok Online patcher: corrupt installation if vcrun2008 is not installed||UNCONFIRMED||View|
You need vcrun2008 for gameplay work. If you execute this without vcrun2008, your instalation can be corrupt (the cause is unknow).
(This does not apply to openpatcher).
Install wine gecko package (the package name varies according with your distribution). you can optionally install ie6 with winetricks instead of wine gecko package. Both work well.
Download this file and add to wine registry:
$ regedit boost.reg
(The performance gain is high.)
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: Patcher crashes with by Luis Fedrizze on Friday January 13th 2017, 12:04
- RE: boost.reg file missing by xiament on Saturday November 15th 2014, 22:19
- RE: A workaround for the problem with the latest version of the IRO client installer by Tom on Thursday June 5th 2014, 18:58
- RE: A workaround for the problem with the latest version of the IRO client installer by Tom on Thursday June 5th 2014, 19:39
- RE: A workaround for the problem with the latest version of the IRO client installer by Richard Graham on Friday June 6th 2014, 6:03
- RE: A workaround for the problem with the latest version of the IRO client installer by please no on Saturday June 14th 2014, 8:17
- RE: by Inukaze on Monday September 23rd 2013, 22:08
- RE: ragnarok visual error by Lara Maia on Tuesday June 25th 2013, 0:29
- RE: RO Patcher Crash by c on Thursday October 27th 2011, 22:55
- RE: Black screen flashes by martin on Thursday January 20th 2011, 16:36
- RE: by larva_opensuse on Thursday October 16th 2008, 18:43
- RE: 0.9.45 by Christ Schlacta on Sunday September 16th 2007, 1:20
- RE: Too slow to play Ragnarok in Wine by Guillaume VanderEst (gn0me) on Wednesday April 11th 2007, 13:09
- RE: Game will not run by James Caveney on Friday June 22nd 2007, 19:30
- RE: Transparent Text Backgrounds by Guillaume VanderEst (gn0me) on Thursday August 24th 2006, 21:49
- RE: Transparent Text Backgrounds by Sargonas on Friday September 29th 2006, 12:37
- RE: Slow FPS by Guillaume VanderEst (gn0me) on Thursday August 10th 2006, 3:51