1. Use recent version of Wine (tested with wine-1.7.41)
2. Download winetricks by following command
3. Install required components by following command
sh winetricks dotnet20sp2
It will take some time because winetricks will download all above components
1. From CD's
I didn't tested this method. 2. From HDD 2.1 copy content of both CD's to single directory on your hdd 2.2 navigate to this directory and run setup.exe 2.3 make default install
The setup should create shortcut on your desktop if not create a launcher manually (Type: Application ; Command: env WINEPREFIX="/home/EnterYourUserNameHere/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008\acad.exe")
1. turn off compiz fusion 2. in winecfg: under "Graphics" tab uncheck "Allow the window manager to decorate the windows" then Apply 3. in AutoCAD: Tools-> Options -> System ->Performance Settings -> Manual Tune -> change Driver name to OpenGL
1. No possibility to configure setup 2. No possibility to activate the product 3. Toolbars don't display correctly if undocked but you can still move and dock them
Installing Service Pack
1. download autocad2008lockedsp1.exe from e.g. here 2. install autocad2008lockedsp1.exe
3 (optional). In case of problems reinstall Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries by sh winetricks vcrun2005
If you would like to save time and don't want to reinstall AutoCAD every 30 days do as described below.
1. after installation and before first run of AutoCAD make yourself a backup of "system.reg" file which is in "~/.wine/"
after 30 days delete "Software Licenses" directory which is in
Data/Autodesk/" and recover your backup you've made in first point
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
by Massimo on Tuesday August 17th 2010, 12:56
This happens also in demo mode, sometimes (between some minutes and some ours) the License Error dialog appears and AutoCad closes.
I guess it's some compatibility problem with SafeCast protection and Wine.... somebody knows how to solve it ?
A way to register Autocad 08
by Frank Cas on Wednesday August 12th 2009, 14:30
(First Sorry for my poor english :S)
Hello, I was playing this version of autocad and found a way to register, it does not help to improve wine, but it works XD.
On VirtualBox, I installed autocad 2008 and make the registration of the product in the traditional way, then close autocad window and open the autocad Portable License Utility, then I export autocad license (must be what the name and identification number of autocad installed in wine, this to give it up for the license that we are importing). All this creates a file that is stored by default in My documents/PLUS250/ copy this directory to ubuntu desktop, then open the Portable License Utility of autocad in wine and export the license file on the desktop. And ready! autocad2008 registered in wine: D
I hope they serve, as me and I had finished the 30 days of freetrial: (