All major features.
What does not
1) Video settings saving
2) Somethings very strange happens with sound volume - voices has much lesser volume then they must be (game settings are correct), also volume varies (greatly) from direction to speaker abnormaly (for example - direct and from behind directions sounds quite normal, while sides just not understandable (with the same range to sound source)), other strange effects (like sometimes fire-effects sounds like from great distance (while actually it is near)). It happens quite all the game (I noticed this first in caves, while ant-lions attacks - sometimes you just can't hear what your allies speaks). Both ALSA and OSS (emulation through ALSA) has this bug.
3) Game won't start without virtual desktop (see HL2)
4) Sound dissapears randomly ( until game restart ) if hardware acceleration level more than Emulation or "Emulate driver" option is on.
5) HDR seems to not work.
6) I'm not sure, but physics in game quite different from than in windows (It was really different on some pre-1.0 version, so some physical "quests" was really hard to complete), while sometimes you car flies like a bird from single blast or straider kick (actually one time it flies over the building (in end-battle valley), so it is quite abnormal, I think =)). In other things I didn't noticed big difference or abnormal situations, so this actually not changing game process (just makes it more funny =)).
7) Forgot to add in other versions, I wonder: do NOT use OffscreenRenderingMode='fbo'. or you wiil see some strange things while in-game non-playable scenes (eg, G-Man-scenes).
What was not tested
1) dxversion 91 - from previous games it may have many crashes and actually my hardware can't handle it with GLSL together under wine with normal FPS.
2) Resolutions other than 1280x1024
Kernel 2.6.25-gentoo-r4, CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, GPU Nvidia 7600GT 256Mb, nvidia-drivers-173.14.05. Runs with -novid, 1Gb heapsize, no dll overrides, VD with size same as resolution and no wm's control or decorations. GLSL enabled, OffscreenRenderingMode is the default one. Gold, because all issues has no effect on gameplay (except sound, but you mustn't listen what they chat, you must fight =)) (or even on graphics, dx91 without GLSL looks quite ugly, while adds some unseen quality for shaders), and requires only a few very simple configuration changes.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 20 2019||4.0.2||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Franco|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 30 2019||4.0.2||Yes||Yes||No||Bronze||Franco|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 25 2011||1.3.23||Yes||Yes||Gold||rafa|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 16 2011||1.3.22||Yes||Yes||Platinum||rafa|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 16 2011||1.3.18||Yes||Yes||Platinum||rafa|