CC3 contains a lot of improvements over version 2, such as the ability to use raster artwork, as well as support for effect filters.
- creating new maps
- edit maps
- save maps
- all tested drawtools
What does not
- Symbol catalog refuses to have more than 1 column (The default setting, used by most)
- Symbol catalog resides on right side instead of left (Not really a big problem)
- Symbol catalog does not expand to fill window when right-clicked (Which requires you to scroll through the catalog manually)
- Some toolbars that are supposed to be on by default are not initally turned on (But can easily be turned on, and stays on thereafter)
What was not tested
- Installation (This version was copied from an existing windows install. Registry was also copied. This method works fine when copied between windows machines, and should therefor work the same way in wine as well. Will test installation later)
Rated Gold due to some minor issues inside the app (See "Not Working" notes.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 04 2013||1.7.0||No||Not installable||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion"||Sep 15 2013||1.6||No||Not installable||Garbage||Sean Laurent|
|Show||Fedora 19 x86_64||Jun 26 2013||1.5.29||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 17 x86_64||Sep 03 2012||1.5.11||No||Not installable||Garbage||Remy Monsen|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 10 2014||1.4.1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
Note. This used to be the procedure to get CC3 to work, but under recent Wine version, I cannot get it to install at all any more.
Hopefully this will change in the future.
When opening existing maps, you'll find that the fonts don't render the same size as on Windows.
This can be fixed by changing the font properties of the existing text in the map and unchecking the 'Use New Metrics' option. This should cause the fonts to render the same size (extremely close anyway) as they did on Windows, and they'll still display fine if you open that map in Windows.
You should obviously keep this option off for any new text you place if you want to be able to open the map in Windows and have it look the same.
Thanks to CSANecromancer in the ProFantasy forums for this tip.