- Run the game (sound render config)
- Mod installation and running small battles in open space
- Fire, Smoke effects, rain
- Most addons
- Internet connection to gamespy server
What does not
- Game crashes during medium-to-intensive renderring
( Mostly driving planes, helis, tanks and during abve 10 men firefights )
- Closed spaces and building cause also more crashes.
And always regarding textures ( cf : linked bug report 8887 )
All my crashes are related to the callback func of "D3DCB_DefaultDestroySurface"
- DrawTexture problems may be due to my small config, I linked
to bug 8887 anyway.
- Overriding dlls with windows directx9 gave nothing.
- Tweaking all regedit Direct3D features gave nothing.
- Tweaking game config to minimize texture display (down to 16 megs !) gave nothing.
What was not tested
- Lan play
- Upgrading to kernel 2.6.18-6.
- switching to wine 1.1.1 :)
Personal note : I rated Bronze because the "normal use" for OfP consists in taking part in large firefights and driving vehicles ... My 2cents : The best tactical combat simulation engine ever made!
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Aptosid x86_64||Mar 08 2015||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 22 2010||1.3.7||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny"||Mar 07 2010||1.1.40||Yes||Yes||Gold||James Huk|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Oct 15 2009||1.1.31||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Arch Linux||May 26 2009||1.1.21||Yes||Yes||Gold||Gavin|
Install graphic card drivers, with native OpenGL. Do not enable TwinView, or dual screen.
On 64-bit systems, the 32-bit graphic driver libs need to be installed too, other wise the game wont start, complaining about missing DirectX.
Copy all files from a windows installation, as they are, to the wine drive.
(Contents of C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint)
Save your ID from a windows registry in a .reg file, with these two keys:
"Player Name"="Your Name"
Apply these registry settings in your Wine instance. Verify them, as you may need to set these manually within the regedit of wine.
Start the game with "wine FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE -nosplash [-mod=@YourMod] .."
Once the game started, start a wine task manager with: "wine taskmgr" and set the CPU affinity for the flashpoint process to a single CPU. Other wise there will be massive lag in multiplayer after a few minutes.