Tested with Garmin Colorado 300.
- installation works but it was required to install the Microsoft Corefonts with winetricks.
- unlocking maps
- loading maps from Garmin TOPO Deutschland/Germany 1:25000 DVD.
- selecting maps areas which should be transfered to GPS device
- transfering maps to the GPS device
- transfering routes created with Mapsource to the GPS device
- searching for locations
- printing maps
- searching for GPS devices
- reading the device ID from GPS device
- zooming in and out in maps
- setting different detail levels
- measureing distances and areas
- importing GPX files
- showing the environment of GPS coordinates with google maps
- checking of updates for MapSource
What does not
- automatic installation of new updates. Winzip which is being used complains about a missing/wrong parameter. It was required to start the update program Mapsource.exe manually which was downloaded to "C:\windows\temp\Garmin Software Updates" with
#wine "C:\windows\temp\Garmin Software Updates\Mapsource.exe"
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 30 2010||1.3.6||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 13 x86_64||Jul 31 2010||1.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||May 02 2009||1.1.20||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Erbureth|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 29 2008||1.1.10||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Politia|
|Show||Gentoo Linux||Sep 16 2008||1.1.0||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|