Punk Buster is an anti-cheat software that uses various detecting methods to ensure players aren't using cheats like aimbots, wall hacks, etc.
It is used in many multiplayer games produced nowadays.
PB Client Features
- scans memory on players' computers searching for known hacks/cheats
- background auto-update system using
multiple Internet Master Servers to provide end-user security ensuring
that no false or corrupted updates can be installed on players'
- reports status (encrypted) to the PB
Server and the PB Server raises a violation when
necessary which causes the offending player to be removed from the game
and all other players are informed of the violation
- manual removal of players by PB Admins from the game for a specified number of minutes or permanently ban if desired
- PB Servers can optionally be configured to randomly check player settings looking for known exploits of the game engine
- makes screenshot samples from specific
players during gameplay
- optional "bad name" facility so that PB Admins
can prevent players from using offensive player names containing
unwanted profanity or racial slurs
- search player's keybindings and scripts for anything that may be known
to exploit the game