Warface is a massive multiplayer online (MMO) first-person Shooter (FPS) developed by Crytek GmbH in their Kiev subsidiary – now indepedently active as Blackwood Games – and published by various companies around the world.
- Crytek published the MMOFPS themselves using their Gface brand as
publisher for the West Servers, which were stopped on February 1, 2017
as well as Warface Turkey, which was closed February 15, 2019.
After that my.com – themselves a subsidiary of Mail.Ru – took
over publishing the game.
- Mail.Ru is also the publisher of Warface in Russia – RU is the main server of the game – as well as the entire CIS region.
- Level Up! Interactive acts as Warface publisher in Brazil (BR).
- GoPlay is the game publisher in Vietnam.
- Netplay is publisher for Warface Thailand. The operation was stopped on April 12, 2018.
- Nexon is Warface publisher in charge of distribution in South Korea. The operation was stopped on November 27, 2014.
- Tencent – co-producers of Warface – released Warface in China. The operation was stopped on June 18, 2015. However a Chinese language version is available through the my.com-Servers.
In the meantime Crytek Kiev has been spun-off from Crytek as an independent studio named Blackwood Games and continues to update the game.