Need for Speed: Underground
Hit the streets in the world's most elite tuner cars, and take down the ultimate racers in your own customized machine. To own the streets, you'll have to risk it all in a variety of high-styling, high-speed events -- including Drift, Drag, and Circuit. Tune your car to perfection by winning hundreds of upgrade parts, then go underground for the most intense, addictive driving experience of your life. When it comes to speed, no other game comes close to delivering this kind of action. And while the need for speed is what keeps you coming back for more, custom looks are your ticket to scoring big with the crowds. You are what you drive in Need for Speed Underground.
- Feel speed like never before. Graphics that obliterate the envelope and turbocharged physics make this the fastest gameplay experience ever.
- Choose from 20 elite licensed tuner cars from Mitsubishi, Toyota, Subaru, and more.
- Fully customize your car with hundreds of aftermarket parts from top-name manufacturers. Change your car's appearance to fit your personality, change its performance to fit your driving style.
- Huge, highly detailed environments push your gaming hardware to the absolute limit as you battle to own the streets in your urban street machine.
- Race hard and win upgrades, including weight reduction kits, turbo, suspension kits, tires, wheels, and nitrous.
- Set the asphalt ablaze in a variety of game modes including Drift, Drag, and Circuit.
- Go underground and become the ultimate street racer in the epic Story mode.
Need For Speed: Underground 2
UNCOVER THE UNDERGROUND
Discover the living, breathing world of tuner culture in Need for Speed Underground 2, the sequel to the best-selling racing game of 2003, and the latest blockbuster installment in the legendary Need for Speed franchise.
Taking place in a massive, free-roaming city featuring five distinct interconnected neighborhoods, Need for Speed Underground 2 delivers an immersive game world where the streets are your menus. As players explore the city, they'll encounter rival racers who will school them in the ways of the underground and tip them off to the hottest racing spots in town.
Deep new performance tuning allows gamers to fine-tune every aspect of their ride's handling and performance, while hundreds of new visual customizations guarantee players can create their own personalized, totally unique car.
All-new game modes join Circuit, Drift, and Drag events to add depth and variety, pushing car and driver to the limit, while more than a dozen new cars and hundreds of aftermarket parts from the biggest names in the business make Need for Speed Underground 2 the deepest, most authentic tuner experience ever.
- Free-Roaming City: Explore a massive city divided into five distinct, interconnected neighborhoods, ranging from serpentine suburban hills to an intense downtown grid. A complex series of drivable freeways connect the neighborhoods together.
- Emergent Gameplay: Want to make a name for yourself in the underground? You'll need to find it first. Races can happen anywhere and at any time and as players encounter rivals on the street they'll be clued into where they can buy the hottest upgrades or enter the most elite events.
- New Gameplay Modes: Three new gameplay modes are added to last year's circuit, drift and drag competitions, challenging gamers to hone their skills in a number of driving disciplines.
- Performance Tuning: Tune every aspect of your car's performance with hundreds of licensed aftermarket performance upgrades and then fine-tune everything from the gear ratio to the suspension for the ultimate ride.
- The Hottest Cars: More than thirty of the most sought-after tuner cars are available from the hottest manufacturers--from Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, and Toyota to Ford and Volkswagen, if they're hot on the street, they're in the game.
- Visual Customization: With more than twice the visual customizations of last year's game, there are literally billions of car combinations available to gamers. Featuring audio upgrades, scissor doors, spoilers, headlights, side skirts, roof scoops, hoods, rims, wide body kits, neon and more, if you can trick it out in real life, you can trick it out in Need for Speed Underground 2.
- Environmental Variety: Each of the five distinct neighborhoods in Need for Speed Underground 2 feature a unique look and feel, including varied driving conditions and track types. Road surfaces, real-time weather effects, and environmental hazards will keep gamers on their toes as they race from dusk till dawn.